The Christmas Program
How it works
The Christmas program provides Christmas gifts to over 1,000 children age birth-18, referred by social service caseworkers that identify the neediest children on their caseload. Each child completes and information sheet with their needs and wants, and generous corporate and private donors “adopt” and shop for that child. Volunteers with the Richland County Children’s Auxiliary and Crossroads Church facilitate the collection of gifts from the donors and distribution of gifts to the families.
How Can I Help?
- Contact the Auxiliary at 419-565-7505 or email@example.com indicating your willingness to adopt one or more children. We welcome employee groups to participate or pool funds in order to participate.
- We will provide you with an information sheet indicating the child’s gender, age, sizes, clothing and toy items needed and wanted.
- Please purchase the items listed on the information sheet for each child adopted. Feel free to be creative with age-appropriate toys. Typical expenditure per child is $120 or more.
- Place unwrapped items in a large bag and include information sheet, so we know recipient of gifts.
- Call Auxiliary to arrange pick-up of gifts based on the timeline given, or arrange delivery to The New Store located in the Mid-Ohio Conference Center at 890 West Fourth St. in Mansfield.
- Know that a child in Richland County is enjoying a special holiday thanks to your generosity.
- Another option is to write a check to the Auxiliary, and our volunteers will do the shopping for you! We spend approximately $120+ per child.
How Can I Receive Help?
- Families must be referred from one of the numerous social service agencies we partner with.
- Families are unable to apply or refer themselves for this program.